He has made me who i am...

Friday, June 24, 2011

well....not what we had anticipated...really???

well....its been quite a whirlwind the past couple days! lets just recap! we, as in me, my mom, Valarie, and grayson, hit the road Wednesday night to head to Glenda's in Bulverde. She is my distant cousin but i call her my aunt! she is gracious enough to let us stay at her house anytime we need too when were in san antonio so it helps tremendously on our travel expenses! anyways, we made it safe and sound with only one detour! yes you would think since i've been there 500 times in the past year i would be able to remember how to get to her house but once you hit Boerne its a little tricky! AND it was dark! so, i get ready for bed that night and notice a little blood in my urine (i know TMI but if you are grossed out then don't read it! haha) but my body does some crazy things so i kinda just blew it off and went to bed...well, the next morning theirs the same problem now accompanied with a slight back pain, so i told my mom and of course she and i both were thinking the unspeakable...kidney problem...
so we all load up and head to the clinic with swimsuits in tow since we planned on going to Sea World after the appointment which we were soooo looking forward too! well, we get to the clinic, all four of us, and while were in the waiting room, something funny to share....lesbians...and grayson...we were a little nervous because they were getting pretty cozy so we were all just waiting for grayson to blurt something out! don't get me wrong more power to them to each their own! but we were more concerned with the way G would've reacted if he would've seen them do anything, but thankfully they didn't and G was distracted with his iPod! THANK YOU APPLE! HAHA anyways moving on...
so my mom and i go into the room after lots of waiting and then more waiting in the ultrasound room and a urine sample, which by the way, for a girl, is by far one of the most difficult things to do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (like i said if you cant take the heat, stay in the shade!) anyways my ultrasound comes in and my endometrial lining is looking beautiful thank goodness! and my ovaries, WOW! the prettiest ive ever seen! haha we saw lots of follicles that weren't measuring too big yet but as you read on you will see why this may be a good thing! anyways, since she was doing the ultrasound she decided to check out my kidney that was causing problems to see if she could see anything suspicious...well about 10 minutes later she found what we suspected! a bleeping STONE!!!
so immediately the tears started flowing for one reason i was reliving the pain and agony i was in from the first one i had, then i just knew it was going to mess up our cycle, which would mean thousands of wasted dollars!!! thankfully since chadd  wasn't there my mommy was! yes, even when you're trying to become a mommy yourself, you still need yours to help you get there! well i calmed down thanks to her and got dressed and went to the office to meet with the doctor and nurse. when we stepped into the hallway we could see grayson and val patiently waiting for us! he was waving at us telling us it was time to go to sea world and to hurry up! haha
well we left the clinic basically with everything up in the air until i heard from my urologist from home. as we walked out of the clinic i mumbled, "could my life get any worse?" well, my six year old cousin gave it to me straight..."yes Shelby, it could be worse." hahahahaha that coming from a six year old definitely reminded me that yes it could be worse! well, i still had no pain from the stone and we were kind of at a stand still by this point so we decided lets just go to sea world and if i start to hurt or whatever then we could leave!
well thankfully ive had no pain and didn't all day yesterday and the four of us had a blast at sea world! loved loved loved the sea lions show! too funny!
so i found out i had an appointment for a CT in Angelo at 8:15 the next morning (today) but we enjoyed ourselves anyways knowing we were going to have to drive home so late! but we did and we made it home about 12:45 last night! i had a small cry and lots of hugs from my chadd and everything was better!
well today its only 11:40am as i type and wow its been a long morning! i had the CT at 8:15 then went and saw my urologist and they said that the stone is a good size but is in a spot where they cant just go out and remove it, they will have to use lithotrypsy, google it, and he only does it on Wednesdays since its done by a machine that isn't always available....so as of now im waiting on my doctor in San Antonio to call me back to see if were going to wait until then or if they could maybe get me into a doctor in San Antonio earlier to get rid of it!!!!!!!! either way it looks like we will be traveling back to San  Antonio today because they want to do another ultrasound in the morning to make sure they watch my follies closely to make sure we still can do the retrieval on time!
as of right now were looking at doing that Wednesday but like i said its all up in the air until my doctors communicate then call me about it! if we do the retrieval and the stone is still there, they will freeze my eggs so we don't have to worry there about losing my eggies they will just be on ice until were ready to fertilize and transfer them! in the mean time they gave me some Loratab in case i develop any pain and now we wait!!!!!! so i will update ASAP and again thanks so much to my awesome family for doing everything they can to help chadd and i get through all of this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! we couldn't do it without everyone's help!

1 comment:

  1. Shelby, I love that you're keeping a blog for all of us to keep updated with your happenings! I have a GOOD feeling about this go-around! ;-) Prayers for you today and always! Lots of love to you all, Kristen

    ReplyDelete