He has made me who i am...

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

STICKS AND STONES MAY BREAK MY BONES...BUT STONES THEY JUST MIGHT KILL ME!!!

ok so hope everyone had a wonderful 4th of July!!!!!!!!!!! boy was mine a little heartbreaking for a day, but then it shaped up! read on for the story...haha
well i had my surgery last wednesday the 29th and everything went smooth! we checked in and waited and waited with my mom then they called me back and we waited some more in the hospital room then chadds mom showed up but we didnt wait too long so it was ok! the anaesthesiologist came in, Dr. Igler which ive had before and i totally love him by the way! he is hilarious!!! so they got my IV going and wheeled me back and placed me on the table. the last thing i remember talking about was we (all the staff in the surgery room) were going to meet at InVino Veritas after the surgery and boom i was out! haha. i woke up and all was good, went to recovery then my chadd came in and karyn and tamra then within an hour or so we were good to go home! i recovered the rest of  the day and slept most of it as well!
by thursday i was feeling better so me valarie and bowen ventured to the grocery store to prepare for the weekend! my moms side of the family, along with anyone who wants to tag along, all go to Junction every year since i was about 3 for the 4th so i wasnt about to miss that!!!
well, all in all the camping trip was awesome as usual except for around 5:00 friday to saturday mid afternoon i was pretty much all tears!!!!! yep, debbie downer right here, but i had a totally valid excuse!!!!!!! as we were swimming in the river us women decided to get out and i got splashed from behind so naturally i turned around to return the splash and swoosh! there goes my wedding ring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yes i said wedding ring!!!!!!! all 5 bands, (yes i'm gaudy) all 2 1/2 carats into the Llano river!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so i instantly scream, cry, yell, and cuss like a sailor that my ring flew off! then i look up and see chadd literally running through the water with his beer in one hand, he drops the other hand to the bottom of the river immediately to start searching! as did everyone else in the water, which was about 10 or so people, more or less because they were probably scared i was going to go all lunatic since i went on a yelling rampage that lead into sobbing that finally lead to my mom pulling me out of the water holding me while everyone searched and prayed!!! props to bryan munn for taking off to the dollar store as well as meme to load up on goggles!!! well we didnt find it, so Tamra calls her husband david, since he hadn't left angelo yet, to bring the metal detector his parents own! yes, how ironic that the last one to arrive in our group hadn't left yet and conveniently had access to a metal detector??? ya crazy! so night falls, no ring...morning comes...no ring...so everyone is down at the water swimming around lunch saturday and david looks at me and says, "im going to find that ring shelby, its gonna bother the hell out of me until i do!" so i said have at it brotha! so he goes down to the water after making another trip to the store for a fresh battery...about an hour later chadd, kysha, josh, sloane and i were all up at the camp when everyone down at the water started freaking out!!! THEY FOUND IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
they decided to submerge the metal detector and everytime it beeped my Uncle David, (not to be confused with brother in law david) would dig wherever it beeped while B-I-L david maneuvered the detector and right as my Godmother Gina was praying, david pulled up a handful of mud and rocks and voila! there it was!!!!!!!!!!!
needless to say mine and chadds weekend got a whole lot better as well as everyone elses! they didnt like seeing me so sad! chadd reassured me the whole time it was missing that he didnt care it was just something materialistic and he would get me a bigger one! but boy did he lay it on when we found it!!! haha not too bad though but he did put it in the ash tray in his truck and i wasnt allowed to touch it the rest of the weekend!!! thank the lord for my brother in law david and his family for making a special trip in from grape creek to bring him the detector before he left town!!!!!!! also a HUGE THANKS to all my friends and family that helped in the treasure hunt! your efforts WILL be rewarded i promise!!!!!!!! oh and please forgive me for my sailor mouth that went nuts in the heat of the moment! trust me there was no other way to react!!!!!!!!!! haha so thankful knowing the one gift, besides his heart of course, that chadd gave me did not have to be left behind! the sentimental value is totally irreplaceable!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment